Sunday, October 7, 2012

コープスブライド & Le Fantôme de l'Opéra

So what's with these 2 movies u wonder... ._.
One, these 2 movies are movies I have watched after my SPM Trial torture. Two, these 2 movies brought back memories from my childhood. :P

Anyway let's get down to it, I'll start off with what I think is Tim Burton's best film, "Corpse Bride".

I came by this film again when I was scrolling YouTube's piano videos, that's when I came across the duet part where Victor and Emily played the piano together~ And because of that, it sparked a tiny bit of memory in my brain. The next day, I decided to grab the laptop, sit back and re-watch the film. :)


This movie is like 7 years ago and I remembered that I didn't watch this film in Malaysia. In fact, I watched it in Hong Kong with my aunt and sister. I don't really remember where we watched it, probably in Jordan or Mongkok... but three of us were eating dinner and wondering if we should go watch a movie. Then we decided to watch this so we rushed to nearest cinema and managed to grab some seats. XP

Argue with me if you want but I have to say this, no matter how popular Nightmare before Christmas is, I still insist that Corpse Bride is better than that. Well both films are great but it's just that I like this one more. I mean Tim Burton used a DSLR to shoot this whole film and I really like the effort. It's just that the plot is kind of bland and perhaps if there is more detail the film would be better. >_<

Alright let's get to the next one... "Phantom of the Opera"~ O.O

What kicked my brain to think about this masterpiece is this video~ Thanks Lindsey~ :P
She made a medley of songs from the musical and it was a great mash-up. I'm giving this a thumbs up! :D


So after I watched it, I suddenly thought of the songs from it. If you want me to pick my Top 3 favorite songs from this musical or the 2004 film. I'll give it to "Think of Me", "Music of the Night" and "All I Ask of You". These 3 touched my heart a lot and I keep humming to the melody for the whole week. I also like "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again", that would also go into the 2nd spot.




Now YouTube was kind enough to slip in clips from the 25th Anniversary Concert at Royal Albert Hall performance. I thought of might want to compare it with the 2004 film, so I watched the entire musical. T^T

I have to say that both the film and musical has its ups and downs. Choose my favorite Christine and I would pick Emmy Rossum, choose my favorite Phantom and the musical wins, choose my favorite Raoul... neh both are great... :P The musical managed a good job also they are limited to one stage. Plus their version of "Music Of The Night" was better than the film, sorry Gerald Butler~ :(


I enjoyed it a lot, if the musical comes to Malaysia, I would definitely want to catch a show. >.<

These two films made me want to do a fan fiction out of it. Maybe with APH characters perhaps? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment